WinRAR 5 finale è finalmente disponibile, tante le novità e Download WinRAR 5
Qualche settimana fa vi abbiamo annunciato l’arrivo della prima versione Beta di WinRar 5 e dopo tante versione Beta oggi è stata rilasciata la versione 5.00 Finale.
WinRAR è un un’utilità di archiviazione che supporta completamente archivi RAR e ZIP ed è in grado di decomprimere gli archivi CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z. Crea archivi di dimensioni più ridotte rispetto alla concorrenza, risparmiando spazio su disco e costi di trasmissione.
WinRAR offre un’interfaccia grafica interattiva utilizzabile con mouse e menu così come un’interfaccia da riga di comando. WinRAR è più facile da usare rispetto a molti altri programmi di archiviazione grazie a una speciale procedura guidata integrata che permette l’accesso immediato alle funzioni di base di archiviazione attraverso una semplice procedura di domande e risposte.
WinRAR consente di crittografare gli archivi con AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) con una chiave a 128 bit. Supporta i file e gli archivi fino a 8.589 miliardi di gigabyte di dimensione. Offre inoltre la possibilità di creare archivi autoestraenti e multivolume. Con il record di recupero e i volumi di ripristino è possibile ricostruire anche gli archivi danneggiati fisicamente.
Ecco tutte le novità di WinRAR 5:
- New RAR 5.0 archiving format. You can use “RAR 5.0″ option in archiving dialog or -ma command line switch to create RAR 5.0 archives. Older software including older WinRAR versions is not able to decompress RAR 5.0 archives, so if you plan to send an archive to other people, it is necessary to take the compatibility issue into consideration. You can select “RAR” instead of “RAR5″ option in archiving dialog to create RAR 4.x archives compatible with previous WinRAR versions.
- Changes in RAR 5.0 compression algorithm:
- maximum compression dictionary size is increased up to 1 GB in 64 bit WinRAR. 32 bit WinRAR version can use up to 256 MB dictionary when creating an archive. Both 32 bit and 64 bit versions can unpack archives with any dictionary size, including 1 GB;
- default dictionary size for RAR 5.0 is 32 MB, typically resulting in higher compression ratio and lower speed than RAR 4.x 4 MB. You can use “Dictionary size” archiving dialog option or -md switch to change this value;
- -md switch syntax is modified to support larger dictionary sizes. Append ‘k’, ‘m’ and ‘g’ modifiers to specify the size in kilo-, mega- and gigabytes, like -md64m for 64 MB dictionary. If modifiers are not present, megabytes are assumed, so -md64m is equal to -md64;
- RAR 5.0 format includes Intel IA-32 executable and delta compression algorithms, but RAR 4.x text, audio, true color and Itanium algorithms are not supported. These excluded algorithms are not efficient for modern data types and hardware configurations;
- RAR 5.0 decompression can utilize several CPU cores. Though not to same extent as in compression algorithm, it improves the decompression speed on large files with poorly compressible data or when using BLAKE2 checksums.
- Changes in RAR 5.0 archive format:
- file times are stored as Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) instead of former local time, making file exchange among several time zones more straightforward;
- file names and archive comments use UTF-8 encoding.
- RAR 5.0 recovery record is based on Reed-Solomon error correction codes. If recovery record size is large enough, 5% and more, the new error correction scheme provides much higher resistance to multiple damages comparing to RAR 4.x recovery record. Smaller record, such as 1 – 2%, or less random damage type would result in less difference between 4.x and 5.0. For single continuous damage 4.x and 5.0 efficiency is about the same.
- Additionally to usual data erasures, the new recovery record is able to detect deletions and insertions of much larger size than in previous RAR versions. Maximum insertion size is several megabytes. Maximum deletion size depends on the damage type and in some cases can be as large as the recovery record size. Still, the best recovery performance and efficiency is achieved if no deletions and insertions are present, so all data including damaged sectors preserve their original positions. Thus, if you use some special software to copy an archive from damaged media, it is better to choose the mode, when damaged sectors are filled by zeroes or any other data instead of cutting them out completely from resulting file. RAR 5.0 recovery record is more resistant to damage of recovery record itself and can utilize a partially corrupt recovery record data. Note, though, that “Repair” command does not fix broken blocks in recovery record. Only file data are corrected. After successful archive repair, you may need to create a new recovery record for saved files.
- New recovery record is not based on 512 byte sectors anymore and incorporates more complicated data structures. So it is impossible to specify its size in sectors. For RAR 5.0 archives the parameter of -rr[N] switch and rr[N] command is always treated as a percent of archive size regardless of presence of % character. Typically N% recovery record can repair up to N% of continuously damaged data and increases the archive size by only slightly more than N%. Ability to fix multiple damages is proportional to N. We used “Screaming Fast Galois Field Arithmetic Using Intel SIMD Instructions” paper by James S. Plank, Kevin M. Greenan and Ethan L. Miller to improve Reed-Solomon coding performance. Also we are grateful to Artem Drobanov and Bulat Ziganshin for samples and ideas allowed to make Reed-Solomon coding more efficient.
- “Test” command verifies validity of RAR 5.0 recovery record. Recovery record is tested after processing all archived files.
- If corrupt archive contains the recovery record, it might be possible to repair it even if recovery record validity test is failed. “Repair” command attempts to utilize even a partially damaged recovery record. So treat the negative recovery record test result as a reason to re-create the archive if original files are still available, but not as a reason to avoid “Repair” command.
- Changes in RAR 5.0 encryption algorithm:
- encryption algorithm is changed from AES-128 to AES-256 in CBC mode. Key derivation function is based on PBKDF2 using HMAC-SHA256;
- special password verification value allows to detect most of wrong passwords without necessity to unpack the entire file;
- if archive headers are not encrypted (“Encrypt file names” option is off), file checksums for encrypted RAR 5.0 files are modified using a special password dependent algorithm, to make impossible guessing file contents based on checksums. Do not expect such encrypted file checksums to match usual CRC32 and BLAKE2 values.
Al momento WinRAR 5 è disponibile in lingua Inglese, Tedesco, Cinese e altre lingue ma non in Italiano. Sicuramente arriverà nei prossimi giorni ma se volete provare in anteprima WinRAR 5 sui vostri PC Windows vi consiglio di scaricare la versione in Inglese dai seguenti pulsanti: